Posted by James (admin) on 18th October 2013
21 Mutinies is an intriguing, pirate-themed game. Each turn, one player is the captain and they declare which of the various actions they are going to carry out. Then, in order, players choose whether to do the action the captain is doing or they can perform the cabin action or mutiny.
The actions the captain can pick from are:
- Boarding (trade routes) – Buy one of the jewels currently on display in this area with doubloons and rum
- Boarding (non-trade routes) – As trade routes above but jewels are drawn randomly after choosing the action
- Shipwrecks – Take one unseen treasure token (various benefits) if you roll dice high-enough. (Chances reduce after each player.)
- Tavern – Receive a share of rum but the amount to be shared is randomised after picking the action – first-come, first-served.
- Black market – Sell combinations of jewels for doubloons and prestige points.
- Town – Gain one of various benefits like gain rum, buy prestige points, etc.
Many of the actions have slightly different effects and/or pay-offs depending upon which space within that action that the player places their action disc. So, whilst some actions are what you want to do, the remaining options when it is your turn to choose your action, may not be very useful or as good as others. Read the rest of this entry »